Friday, May 9, 2008

Process and Progress

Friday morning is usually not this way for me, I am usually sleeping a little bit later than normal in a hotel room somewhere, getting up and going to the gym, grabbing some pineapple, and on good days, maybe getting the chance to get a little rythm and music before throwing all of my crap into a suitcase to head home. Those are great Friday mornings - I am not expected in the office, but I usually go, I am not needed at the airport until 11:55 am, but I am usually there too early, and I am going to be catching up on the odds and ends for 5 hours to Atlanta - and be prepared for pretty much a hassle free weekend.

This Friday has been different - I have an internal process about house keeping - and have two children who have internal processes about messing the house up - last night I was read the riot act for not acknoledging how difficult it is to keep up with everything - why acknowledge - in a solid half an hour every morning, the laundry is done, the kitchen is clean, and twice a week you have time to vacuum the floor. It's a process, you start high, you end low - wipe the counters, clean the tables, and then sweep the floors, mop the floors, and finally vacuum - I will admit that it is not the most fun thing in the world to do - but much like work, you show up and you do the shitty stuff just so that you can enjoy the fun stuff. I think we are all entitled to a whine every now and again - but it really does not help the situation.

I did a large amount of research last night on symptoms and signs - and process and progress, and I will be damned if there are not a million voices out there talking to no one in particular about how you are supposed to feel and act -

I have to go - I am excited about taking a shower, putting on big boy work clothes, and driving into the office today - I also have lunch with my Dad - not to mention that it is Friday, and that means there are 11 days left to my NZD excursion, and a relaxing weekend.

Good morning, good morning, good morning.

No comments: