Monday, May 5, 2008

Kissing Fishes...




Sometimes, life is just like kissing a fish - but in this case, I would stand by my daughter, and kiss a fish every day of the week...


This is Stingray City in the Caymans - my daughter was not really sure about the whole "Crocodile Hunter" death situation - nor was I - but it was great. She jumped in, floated over, and helped me hold the stingray, and then eventually petted it just like a puppy.


In many ways, today was like kissing a fish - sure there were good parts to it, but they were all overshadowed by the fact that every thought or action was tempered by a smelly fish. A stinky, smelly, nasty fish that just happens to be in the picture. That fish can change from time to time - sometimes it is a kink in the hose, sometimes, the pump is too strong for the fountain, sometimes the parmesan pork chops come out flaky - not crispy. Sometimes, there is a need for information, and it ends up being way too much information - about the size of a four day old giant grouper. Pucker up and kiss me a fucking fish. Well, I guess without the fish, then there would be no fish sticks, and my daughter loves fish sticks.


Here's to fish, and the fun parts of kissing them.


George

No comments: