Sunday, May 18, 2008

Florida Wilds...


There are beautiful roses out there - but my favorite, and the biggest pain in the ass, are the Florida Wilds - they are hard to care for - in that they grow in an uncoordinated, untameable, asymmetrical way that make them stand out in the beds, but their blooms are simple - no fancy petals, no frilly leaves, just hundreds of little pink and yellow flowers, white stars in the center, and slight, sweet but not overpowering scent of roses...

These flowers are the color of lovers cheeks, and the stars are in their eyes, the petals as soft as a lovers skin. That's why I love Florida Wilds - no heavy amounts of care are needed - you just plant them, prune them (if you want) and then enjoy them - they grow on their own, they don't need your support - they just want you to enjoy them.
Everything in life is really just that simple - sure the petals are going to fall off this rose, and the plant does have an overabundance of thorns, and they do tend to grow into every other rose bush planted on the grounds - but they make the reward worth those things - I don't mind a few thorns to see and smell and touch these flowers - I don't mind it at all.
I have an annoying fear of going this week - I am afraid of the unknown - and that's why I have my Florida Wilds - no matter what I run into, or who I run into, I know that the thorns are worth it - the blooms don't come without a price, and most of the time these days, I have been willing to pay it in full...
Until tomorrow,
George






No comments: