Saturday, March 15, 2008

Mr. Brightside...

Being stuck on the runway in Atlanta in the summer and spring months is not a very uncommon occurence - you get used to it, and if you are lucky enough to be on one of the refurbished 757's that Delta has, then you get to play with the entertainment system - last night, Mr. Brightside (the remix) was available, and I started thinking about that song...If I was going to follow true to form, this blog would be about Leigh Anne, but I only have one picture of her, and I really don't feel like getting into that right now -

Us travellers are expected to be a large amount of things - in my line of work, I have to be a cheerleader, a psychologist, an analyst, a leader, and most of all, we just have to be there - it would be great if we could have all of those things gien to us, but usually that's not the way it works in my world - 92% of the time, I have to act like I give a shit, then act like I know how to fix it, and then find a way to fix it. I am used to being second guessed, pulled in multiple directions, having open and honest discussions, and then generally just smiling and nodding as my eyes glaze over, and my brain slowly converts from pink healthy mush to a brownish yellow jaundiced mass of jello that keeps my ears from caving in on themselves...

I am a Mr. Brightside - like the song says - it was all in my head - but hell, that's the only place it really matters - I mean our reality is built in between our ears - we could be sitting in a fire, and if we had the strength to tell ourselves this is where we need to be, then we would probably sit in that fire a little while longer - he takes off her dress now, I am feeling sick, etc. It was all in my head - that's the amazing part about perception - it does not matter what is going on, it is what I perceive going on. I am exhausted right now, the plane did not get in until 1:30 am, I got home at 2:30, and just need to rest - I will edit this one later - but I hate Mr. Brightside...

No comments: