Saturday, February 9, 2008

Sinking Feeling...

I am going on a short 4 miler tonight - in lieu of the longer 7 miler I was supposed to do - but the kids will be in church in the morning, and I guess it is better that I run the distances when they are away -

I just had the worst sinking feeling. I don't know how to explain it, other than your face goes a little numb, and grows a little long, and your hands are moist and clammy. My elbows are weak, really, they are week, and my head is just numb.

Four miles between me and David Gray - he has a song on his album - Alibi - the words of "Tonight, I am running wild - my Friday night enfant" - they ring in my ears. I want to hurt a little bit tonight - it's a good lesson - and a worthy prize, but at the same time, I just want a little more red wine, and my cheese, and another night on the streets of Austin.

The kids are content munching on their burger king meals and playing with the Snoopy toys, the wife is happy laying in bed watching a movie she has seen thirty times, and I just want to run for a little while.

No comments: