Saturday, August 16, 2008

The Last Lecture and Dancing Frogs...


Wow, what a read! It is certainly an anolmaly for me to be able to sit down on a Saturday afternoon and be pulled through 206 pages of lesson - all good, all sweet, all simple - I highly recommend this book to everyone who can read - and for those who can't - it is a good book to start with. I am going to make my son read it this week - before he starts school, and I am going to read it again - with him, and we are going to highlight the parts he thinks are cool, and the parts I think are important. Then, I am going to pass it on, and ask that the next person do the same thing - mark the things that are cool, mark the things that are important, sign their name, and pass it on with the same simple instructions....maybe one day the lessons will make it back to me, and the Last Lecture will touch people in different ways.




Christy is dressing to go out with Moira - probably the closest thing that we have to friends who would actually be swingers, given the chance - I think Christy is a little pissed that I don't particularly want to discuss garage sales or mulch or pulling weeds - I just wanted to read my book in my chair on the patio, and then have a beer or two while playing with the kids - so she is going out with Moira, and I am going to take the kids to the pool - it is still 90 degrees at seven PM - so I dip in some blue chlorinated water will feel good after the obligatory child toss games and Marco Polo contests...




Dancing Frogs - not much to say about these, except they brought a smile to my face. An epiphany of sorts - who are the frogs? Who cares - they are my dancing frogs.




Hopefully tonight the frogs will dance and laugh - the good thing is, if you separate these two frogs - both of them are still dancing - I think it is because they know that they have a friend somewhere that is dancing for them, with them, and because of them...




Until next time,




George

No comments: