Saturday, October 4, 2008

Three Miler...

I ran my three miles this morning, my little girl, freshly red faced from her early morning soccer match was more than happy to hop on her bike, and laugh every time she rode by me and smacked my butt and giggled "Good Game Dad" - it was nice to get that mischievious grin as she sped by and said "Daddy, you are no where NEAR as FAST as ME" - and then she would laugh with her little blue eyes and her awkward adult teeth in a seven year old smile -

Somewhere in the world, I hope someone else in running three miles, and thinking of the same things that were running through my head today - the in-laws are over, and I am doing my absolute best to hide in a corner, I love them, and they can be fun, but there is family tension right now, and it is best if I become a mushroom and stay somewhere dark for a few hours - if not, I may have one too many beers, and tell them how I really feel...

Anyway, my run today was eventful - it hurt - it hurt worse than any other run I have done in years - something in my body between my lower back and my feet just did not feel right, and with every step, instead of flying, I felt like rolling over in the dirt and just laying down for a while - but I had constant motivation - I made a committment to run, I will keep that, and I can hear the voice in my head glibly declaring her run while I sheepishly make excuses to not hit the bricks, and of course, there was Gray - I did not want her to see her Dad be a quitter - so I kept going. I thought alot today, about the weather over there, the cool nights, the cloudy mornings, the wedding and its meanings, and what you would be thinking about as you sat there...

Weddings are supposed to be a coming out party - of sorts- introductions to the world - anymore, I think they are formalities that really are unnecessary - granted, the exchange of vows is wonderful, and it does, to some extent, make you think about what you were doing when you made those similar vows, and for some, it reinforces or redoubles their efforts to preserve what they have or to even grow. I don't know anymore - it has been so long since I have attended a wedding, all of our friends are on their second marriage or well into dissolving their first that weddings now seem a little passe -

Anyway, the three miler was good. I thought alot.

No comments: